christernyc

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Experience:Beginner
  • Area of Expertise:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:00 AM

Hello everyone! I am very new so please forgive me when I sound like such a novice.

I am fixing up my website and I'm using Dreamweaver with xhtml and css. As I was building my pages I was testing them on Firefox because that's the default way to do it with dreamweaver. So when I finally uploaded some finished pages I checked them out with IE and found that my right image was cut out right down the middle, leaving a small horizontal sliver of the image on the upper right. After doing some research I came to the conclusion that it could possibly be a "peek-a-boo bug" though I am not certain. All the problems other people have don't seem to match mine. Is there some simple way to fix this with the css or will I have to probably do some major overhauling?

Thank you in advance.

#2 notbanksy

notbanksy

Refreshingly Belligerent Marxist

• Privileged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Experience:Advanced
  • Area of Expertise:Copywriter

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:45 AM

In order for us to help you diagnose this problem, you will need to provide a link to your page, or post your html and css files on the forum.

#3 christernyc

christernyc

Forum Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Experience:Beginner
  • Area of Expertise:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

In order for us to help you diagnose this problem, you will need to provide a link to your page, or post your html and css files on the forum.

Hello! Thank you for responding so quickly.

I fiddled with it and fixed it. With Dreamweaver, as you build your pages and test them in a browser with a quick push of the F12 button it goes straight to Firefox because Dreamweaver makes Firefox documents. When I put my pages up I wasn't thinking how they would look in IE and never tried to test with them too. The solution was easy and kind of dumb (I'm new). The image that was cut in half was a div floating right next to an image div floating left. All I had to do what gradually shorten the width of the left div to the just right mark and the right image looked perfect. In fact after shortening the width it still looked the same on Firefox! Go figure.

Sorry to waste your time, if you want to keep this thread up as useful I can suggest that if you are using Dreamweaver and previewing your pages you should use both Firefox and Internet Explorer. If you come across the problem that I did and you have two div images next to each other, try shortening the width of the image that is not cut in half, it won't look any different on Firefox afterwards if you shorten it little by little to find that sweet mid-way point.

Thanks again and sorry to waste your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users